Thai Kelp Noodles (Raw & Vegan)
- Noodle Ingredients:
- 12 oz. Bag of Kelp Noodles
- ¾ Cup Shredded Carrot
- 1/4 Cup. Sliced Red Cabbage
- ¼ Cup Sliced Scallions
- 3/4 Cup Batonnet Cucumber (Cucumber Sticks)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Cilantro
- 3/4 Cup Batonnet Jicama (optional)
- Braggs Liquid Aminos (optional)
- 1 oz Lime Juice
- ¼ Inch slice Ginger
- ¼ tsp. Kelp Powder
- 3 ¼ inch Scallion Bottoms (white portion including roots)
- ¼ Stalk of Celery
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ¼ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 Cup sliced Carrot
- 4.5 oz. Raw Organic Almond Butter
- 2 oz. water
- Braggs or Nama Shoyu Optional to taste added to noodles
- Combine all noodle ingredients in a large bowl.
- Blend all sauce ingredients except almond butter.
- Slowly add almond butter as sauce is blending on a low setting.
- Add sauce to vegetables and kelp noodles and toss.
- Season with Braggs or Nama Shoya to taste.
- Garnish with fresh veggies.
This recipe was inspired by a traditional Thai Noodle dish that would call for peanuts. We substituted with peanuts with raw almond butter which is a much healthier option with no aflatoxins. It’s important to use raw organic almond butter as it makes a big difference with the flavor. When it doubt, add more almond butter!
This is a recipe by Executive Chef Ken Blue.