Thai Jicama Salad (Raw Vegan)
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1 large Jicama julienne cut
- ½ bunch mint, chiffonade
- ½ bunch Thai basil, chiffonade
- ½ bunch cilantro, chiffonade
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- 3 green onions, sliced on a bias
- ½ cup green beans, sliced on bias
- ¼ cup chopped dehydrated almonds
- 1 Tbsp dulse flakes
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1.5 cloves garlic
- 2 in. ginger, sliced
- 1/8 of fresh hot pepper or cayenne to taste
- 1 Tsp of kelp powder
- 2 drops stevia
- 1 cup raw sesame oil
- Combine sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Combine salad ingredients in a mixing bowl and add desired amount of sauce and toss.
- Add Braggs or Nama Shoyu to taste.
This recipe is comparable to the classic green papaya salad. Here at Hippocrates, we don’t mix fruits with vegetables or eat unripe fruit. Recipe by Chef Ken Blue.