Pumpkin Seed Hummus (Raw Vegan)
- 2 cups pumpkin seeds, soaked
- 1 cup chopped cucumber, optional
- 1 cup chopped zucchini, optional
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander seed
- 2 teaspoons kelp powder
- 3/4 cup water
- 2½ tablespoons fresh lemon juice, optional
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seed oil
- 1 tablespoon Bragg Liquid Aminos or Nama Shoyu
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid stevia extract, optional
- In a strong blender, combine all ingredients. Blend well until very smooth. You will need to use a spatula or blender plunger to keep the mixture moving in the blender.
- Season to taste and serve.
- Optional Add-ins: ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ cup chopped scallion, 1 cup chopped fresh herbs of your choice.
- Alternate Version: Sunny Hummus. Substitute 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked, for the pumpkin seeds. Substitute 2 tablespoons raw sesame tahini for the pumpkin seed oil.