Ken’s Almost Shortbread Cookies (Raw Vegan)
- 3 Cups Brazil nuts, soaked overnight and rinsed
- 3.75–4 Cups of sliced carrots
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp vanilla flavor, without alcohol
- 18 drops Stevia
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 ounces fresh lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix all ingredients. Run the combined ingredients through a juicer using a blank screen.
- Combine all again. Spread mix, about a ¼ inch thick, over a paraflex sheet and place sheet on top of a dehydrator tray.
- Dehydrate on the sheet for the first day at 110˚F. Then the next day, dehydrate off the sheet at the same temperature.
- If by the third day the cookies are thoroughly dehydrated, take off the sheet and place in a sealed container. They will last for a month or two.
It’s LOVELY time of year for many reasons, one of them being this fantastic raw vegan cookie recipe! Enjoy them under the tree or wherever your heart desires.
It’s often been said that pastry is a science and with these no-bake cookies you will be celebrating a savvy raw vegan option that is equally delicious as it’s baked counterpart. This recipe will serve up 45 cookies that are crunchy, rich, and free from added sugar and processed fats.