Caesar Salad (Raw Vegan)
- Caesar Salad Prep:
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 cup almond flour (left over and dehydrated from making almond milk)
- 1/4 cup dried hijiki, soaked and rinsed in water
- Caesar Salad:
- 1 head Romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1/8 cup hijiki, soaked (optional)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2t mustard powder
- 2T kelp powder
- 2T oregano
- 4 oz. lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup raw sesame tahini
- Powdered garlic to taste
- Cayenne to taste
- Leftover almond flour from making almond milk
- Rinse hijiki well and place in a mixing bowl with the romaine lettuce and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the garlic, kelp powder, oregano, mustard powder, olive oil and lemon juice and blend until well mixed.
- Add the tahini in small amounts, and blend to desired consistency.
- Combine dressing while tossing the romaine mixture, and simultaneously add the almond flour.
- Toss well and serve.